Product successfully added to your shopping cart
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information
When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Website to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. “Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”.
If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behavior.
If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, account email, other payment instrument details and tracking information from checks or money orders. We do not collect/save a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date in our system.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Type of personal information we collect:
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites. The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments, content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information:
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
Personal information we collect about you from others:
How we use personal information:
To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our webshop.
Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- processing your job application to us.
Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
For purposes which are required by law.
For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information:
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in;
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in India, US and UK; technical and customer support services,recruitment agencies, which are located in US, UK and India; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US; subscription management services which are located in the US; payment processing services which are located in the US, UK and India; identification verification services located in the US, UK and India; and operational tooling services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in India, UK, USA;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information:
We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorized access to it. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
How long we keep your personal information
2. Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our Website.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, or
income level). We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
3. Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process. We may disclose personal information to law enforcement offices, third party rights owners, or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms or Policy; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the general public.
4. Links to Other Sites
5. Security Precautions
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all globalecom.net lists and newsletters, please contact us.
7. Advertisements on globalecom.net
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email
address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
8. Your Consent
If we decide to change our policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.
9. If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information. Both personal information and personal data have the same meaning in the context of this Policy.
- How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Global eCommerce Services and Solutions, 18 Moosa Street, T Nagar, Chennai – 600017, India or support [At] global-ecommerce-services.com