Magento announced the new release of Magento 2.1 updates and Magento 2.1 updates are available now. Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) and Magento Open Source (formerly Community Edition) 2.1.8 feature over 90 improvements as well as pull requests from the community. Magento 2.1.8 contains over 100 functional fixes and enhancements as well as pull requests from the community.
Look for the following highlights in this release:
- Multiple enhancements to static content deployment and generation
- Improvements to Elasticsearch performance, indexing of large catalogs, cache tuning, and URL re-writes
- Reduction in the amount of memory that mass actions require, and performance optimization
- Faster deployments for multi-language sites.
- Cache tuning for improved performance.
- Mass action performance optimizations.